Puma Cat Beaded Straw Clutch and Crossbody Handbag
Beaded handbags have made a comeback. This handcrafted piece was created by the collaboration of women artisans from three indigenous Colombian communities. The lush black and white design combined with gold gives it glamour and it's great for accessorizing a solid color outfit.
- Crafted with Iraca palm fiber straw.
- Intricate leaf design of glass beads.
- 24K gold plated bronze puma cat face and crossbody chain.
- Carry as a clutch or as a crossbody with chain strap for added versatility.
- Measurements: 8" high, 8" wide, 2" deep, length of chain 42".
Yumajai, a design collective based in Cali, Colombia, combines ancient and contemporary techniques to create unique works of wearable art. Their artisans belong to indigenous communities and receive fair pay and free training, providing opportunities to improve their living conditions while preserving their cultural heritage. Both artisans and designers work to co-create in a sustainable, responsible manner.